Sunday, March 13, 2016

Liked & Linked

cincinnati museum center

art of the brick

big girls

Steve has been traveling quite a bit for work lately, but we were able to sneak in a quick family trip to the Cincinnati Museum Center to check out The Art of the Brick exhibit by Nathan Sawaya. It’s incredible! The creativity, time, patience and attention to detail that went into each piece are mind-blowing. Just when I thought I had seen the best piece, I was even more amazed by the next. In the end, all of it was too good for me to choose a favorite. The flying pig is a tribute to Cincinnati’s Porkopolis days. If you’re local or headed this way soon, the exhibit is open until May 1st. The kids loved it – especially the interactive LEGO playground.

Mabrey is really into cuddling tormenting Cheetah these days. Every time I turn around she’s carrying her “like a baby” which is ridiculously funny because Cheetah is HUGE. I can’t believe she hasn’t scratched Mabrey yet. She’s such a roll-with-the-punches pet.

Some links…

*Speaking of family pets…ADORABLE.

*The point is…she can choose.

*A scratch-off world map to document your travels. Such a cool idea!

*84 Lumber introduced a new line of tiny houses.

the shingled house

the shingled house

the shingled house

the shingled house

*How am I just now discovering this cool lil’ blog?!

*I’ve always thought IKEA shoe cabinets would look less generic with a DIY wood top. They do!

*Giddy about Paula’s new midcentury home. Phase 1 is coming along!

*I love this white + walnut kitchen.

Happy springing forward!

images: 1-3) Dana Miller for House*Tweaking 4-7) Caitlin at The Shingled House


Article Source: Liked & Linked

No comments:

Post a Comment