Monday, March 14, 2016

Bar Cart Styling Ideas and Tips

Bar Cart Tips & Styling with Mintwood Home

Happy Monday! Today, I thought it would be fun to share some bar cart tips to start your week off right. By the end of this post, you will be ready for that end of the work week cocktail, I promise! I am sharing my bar cart styling ideas and tips featuring Mintwood Home.

Have you heard of Mintwood Home before? Well, it’s another cute online shop I discovered and they have some really fun bar pieces. Trendy, a little cheeky…just right up my alley for barware.

Bar carts have become a staple in interiors over the past years and they aren’t fading away anytime soon. I think people finally caught on to how chic and handy they are. Trend or not, I’m not letting go of my vintage Italian bar cart anytime soon. You’ll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. It was a lucky find that D surprised me with one Valentines’s Day after I had spotted it in an antique mall.

So tips and styling…yes, I am getting to that…ahem…

no1-mintwood

Hey, besides the most important part of your bar…that being what is in your glass…your tumblers and napkins really are the star. Might as well make them interesting, I say!

Bar Cart Styling & Tips featuring MIntwood Home Pineapple Tumblers and Seeing Double Cocktail Napkins

These gold pineapple tumblers from Mintwood Home are perfect for the warmer months ahead. They also help keep those beverages cold. The lids can be used as a coaster which is totally darling! I added in these stitched cocktail napkins too. Such a festive touch! See, a bit cheeky!

Bar Cart Styling and Tips featuring Mintwood Home

Bar Cart Styling & Tips featuring Mintwood Home

no2

Happy hour sounds like a party to me! So, think about what you need at a party. Ummm….drinks…yes. Got that covered. Music. Games. Now we’re talking! Put those babies on the cart.

I added our portable record player and some of our favorite games to the bottom shelf of our bar cart.  We are really dorky. We play the OLLLLDDD Trivial Pursuits because more challenging, right? Oh, and this game our friends introduced us to years ago…Milles Bornes–the French auto racing game. Any game where you get to yell “Voulez!!” is good fun. Then, there’s the old stand-by, Euchre, if it’s a small gathering. Always have a deck of cards.

Bar Cart Styling and Tips featuring Mintwood Home

no3

Just like a table or a nightstand, (which a bar cart can pull double duty as if you are living in tight quarters!) decorating your cart with flowers, art, and trays can really pull it together.

If your bar cart is against a wall like mine, you can hang art or lean art. You could even frame your favorite cocktail recipe if you feel so inclined.

Trays give order to collections, so your glasses and bottles can stay corralled and tidy on one. Everything is prettier on a tray, right?

I’m using a julep cup to keep my vintage stir sticks, corkscrew, and bottle opener handy. Even little decor items like figurines can hang out at your bar.

Bar Cart Styling and Tips

Bar Cart Styling & Tips featuring Mintwood Home

There’s 3 tips for you to make the most of your bar cart! We enjoyed the fruits of my labor this past weekend.

Be sure to visit Mintwood Home to see all their bar and decor offerings. Those gold pineapples are a must-have and only $29!

Now, I am off to finish painting and hang a GINORMOUS gallery wall. More on that soon!

This post is in collaboration with Mintwood Home. All photography and opinions are mine. 

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: Bar Cart Styling Ideas and Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment