Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tastemaker Tea Event Recap

Hi friends! I feel like last week was a bit of a blur with 2 back-to-back events and running around getting the last bits and bobs for my boys heading back to school this week. I am also working on a BIG project that I am going to share here soon. The last bigger project at our sweet home here in Illinois. Oh my gosh, just thinking about it gives me all the good feels! I can’t wait to finally get rolling with it! For today though, I am shifting my focus on the Tastemaker Tea Event I attended last Thursday.

I always enjoy getting together with other creatives in the industry and I was honored to be invited to this fun day. Invitees included designers, shop owners, photographers, fashion bloggers, DIY bloggers, and design bloggers. The Tastemaker Tea was hosted in one of my favorite Illinois towns to visit, Geneseo. It’s a quaint historic hamlet just a short drive from where I live in Rock Island, Illinois. The historic downtown is really thriving in recent years with the addition of many boutique apparel and home shops, florists, gift shops, restaurants, and breweries. It continues to develop into a must visit destination with lots of antique shops to stop at along the way. I recommend taking Route 6 through Coal Valley from the QCA so you can hit a few antique and resale shops along the way.

This event was hosted in one of my favorite boutique shops Katsch, and co-hosted with these fine Geneseo businesses:  Mabel, Designs on the Boulevard, Four Seasons Apparel and Pegasus Gifts. I featured the owner of Katsch, Amy DeFauw, on the blog and you can read her girl boss story HERE if you want more background.

It was a day full of connecting with area creatives and business owners. We started our day with mimosas (always a good way to start a day of fun IMHO), had a lovely sit down brunch and tea, and after listened to shop owners discuss their favorite fall trends from market and what is inspiring them this season. The day ended walking the downtown and visiting several businesses and receiving a lovely goody bag.

Here are some shots I snapped of the day…

Tastemaker Tea via Bliss at Home

Tastemaker Tea with autumnal florals. So inspired to recreate this arrangement for fall! Flowers by Designs on the Boulevard in Geneseo, Illinois.Tastemaker Tea via Bliss at HomeTastemaker Tea via Bliss at Home Tastemakers Tea via Bliss at Home

Amy DeFauw of Katsch, moi, and Ashley Ebert of Mabel

I didn’t take a ton of photos because I was too busy gabbing away and meeting some “new to me” biz people and bloggers. It was a great event and I feel like it kicked off the fall spirit for me even more. I don’t need much help in that department, ha! How about those florals though??!!!! I really want to try my hand at some fall floral arranging now!

A big thanks to the sponsors for this event that made it extra special:

Mimosas provided by Lionstone Brewery | Florals provided by Designs on the Boulevard | Shop Katsch | Mabel | Pegasus Gifts & Four Seasons 

Thanks for an amazing and inspiring day!

♦   ♦   ♦

I’ll be back tomorrow with our September forecast and moodboard. I started this last month to share what we are focusing on for projects, loving in design and decor, and basically sharing anything that has been catching my eye. I’ll also be recapping an event I co-hosted on the blog this week too. It’s already been a fun kickoff to the fall season for me here and I can’t wait to share what I have up my sleeve for the months ahead! We’ll chat soon!

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: Tastemaker Tea Event Recap

No comments:

Post a Comment