Wednesday, August 31, 2016

September Projects & Fall Everything

September Projects & Fall Posts this month

September is the beginning of so many beautiful things! This month, our September moodboard is full of fall goodness and one really big project we are going to feature here on Bliss at Home in the months ahead! We started this monthly post in August to help showcase what we are working on and what you can expect here on the blog all month-long.

Bloglandia usually hits a summer lull, but in September things pick back up pretty quickly. Us bloggers have had our little respite and are usually ready to tackle all things blog once again. Unless we have some big project to share in June, July, or August.  There were a few great ones this summer I enjoyed from our community. Like Gwen’s kitchen

I definitely slowed down a bit this summer and the indefinite nature of our move timetable didn’t help matters any! Glad to have some dates for all that now. I was busy behind the scenes though putting projects together and working with a client, so I didn’t stray too far…(wink,wink!)

So are you ready to see what September holds for us here at B@H?

Should we start BIG or start small? Let’s go BIG!!

#1

The big project for us this remainder of the year is going to be…(drumroll)

A big beautiful top-to-bottom renovation of

our basement living space.

#BHfamroom

I don’t know if we are half crazy or just gluttons for punishment, but we decided to gut and remodel our basement before we move in 2017. This space includes a family room complete with a fireplace, an office space, a kitchenette, another bathroom, laundry and storage galore. It’s mostly open concept so it is quite different from our upstairs. I said it was big, right? It adds another 1200 sq. feet of living space to our home. We have a story that goes along with this renovation and I’ll get into all the details on that when we unveil the ‘befores’ in a few weeks. We are going to be doing fun things with FLOORING and TILE and WALLS and taking you along for the ride!

I have to keep in mind resale value, but it’s not going to be boring, promise! I’m really going to make the most of playing up the furnishings too, since these are pieces we can bring with us out to the East Coast.

I’m pulling a lot of inspiration from menswear and fall colors…here’s a little peek at some of the fabric inspiration…

Taylor Burke Home fabrics via Bliss at Home

That’s the big one and its full of projects. We’ll be sharing our first #BHfamroom post soon!

#2

Home tours galore

&

How we do fall. 

 

Have we met? Hi, my name is Kristin and I am a fall fanatic. There should be a support group for us fall fanatics. It would be glorious, no? We would serve Pumpkin Spice Lattes at each meeting as we all gather in our sweaters and boots. You see, Fall and I have a thing. We go way back. Maybe its the October birthday. So, I’m doing a lot of fall things this turn around on the blog…

Fall home tours…

I can’t turn down a fall home tour so I am doing 2 in September. I know, white noise…but I am promising that each one will be different and inspiring. I’ve been busy mixing up our interiors and thinking how I want to translate fall into our home this year. Here’s a little peak and it’s not all pumpkins and corn stalks…(even though I like those guys)

Fall preview from Bliss at Home

How we do fall…

Fall entertaining 101

I will start sharing these Fall Entertaining 101 posts this month and they will take us all the way into Thanksgiving. I love to give ideas for you to try along with some “hostess with the mostess” tips for your gatherings. It was pretty much a no brainer to offer up fall entertaining ideas for the blog. It’s completely natural and what I am doing anyways so I just decided to document better for you guys. We’ll be covering everything from outdoor gatherings, bar ideas, fun things with food, and ways to make your gatherings shine special.

#3

We are going to be in a magazine!

Christmas Ideas Shoot with BHG magazine

 We had some special guests here back in January!! We will be in a full story feature in Better Homes & Gardens Christmas Ideas Magazine that comes out this September!! I want to say Sept. 7th is when it hits newsstands but I am not confirmed on that yet.

I’ll be sharing some of the details here on the blog when the feature is out. It was a very cool couple days watching the pros do their thing. Our entire fam will be in it, which is such a nice treat, since we are moving from the place we have called home these past 8 years. The boys can’t wait to see it and Zoey is still recuperating from her big national doggy modeling debut! Christmas has always been such a wonderful season to celebrate in this home and I am so honored they wanted to feature ours in this years magazine.

Those are the bigger things going on here with B@H this month. Fall is in the air and I plan on making the most of our last Midwest autumn. Talk with ya soon friends!

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: September Projects & Fall Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment