Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Obsession Du Jour | Mirrored Doors & my DIY Plan

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today’s Obsession du Jour are Mirrored Doors!

So, here’s the deal.

You know how we wallpapered our closet doors?  

Modern Chinoiserie Bedroom via Bliss at Home : Wallpapered closet doors so chic

Well…D had reservations about it. Not that he didn’t like it, but he was concerned about selling our house. We will have to list it once we relocate, and I have to agree…he’s probably right. We want this baby to sell fast!

I mean, I get it. It’s a very taste-specific look. I’m not out anything but my time and I have plenty of wallpaper left over if I want to revisit this look again. So, I’m back to the drawing board (literally, ha!) to come up with a solution that is still stylish but not too taste specific. It’s all for the cause!

It doesn’t mean I don’t want stylish closet doors though! One thing I know won’t be an issue with resale is a custom mirrored door. So, to whet your appetite for what I am drawing up now and going to DIY with D…

Here’s the inspiration…

Will we go for intricate fretwork and mirrors?

Obsession du Jour | Mirrored Doors via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle | Design by Courtney Giles

source

Obsession du Jour | Mirrored Doors | via Tatum Custom Homes

source

Classic “X-design” fretwork?

Obsession du Jour | Mirrored Doors | Elizabeth Garrett Interiors

source

Obsession du Jour | Mirrored Doors | Markay Johnson Construction

source

Double framed mirrors?

Obsession Du Jour | Mirrored Doors | Marie Flanigan Interiors

source

Obsession du Jour | Mirrored Doors | Michelle Adams home featured on One Kings Lane

source

Such a classic and chic treatment! I’ve always loved this look and it is pretty traditional/transitional so I think it’s going to be good for resale too. I’m hatching my plan now and I will be sharing this once it’s finished with all the details. Hopefully, by the end of this month…famous last words!

Another ‘Where to Shop’ is coming Friday!

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: Obsession Du Jour | Mirrored Doors & my DIY Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment