Thursday, July 7, 2016

Obsession du Jour | The Marble Mantelpiece

All this house hunting and MLS stalking has created my new Obsession du Jour! Growing up in a part of the country that has all 4 seasons I firmly believe that all homes should have a fireplace. That’s why I am so thrilled to find our future home out east! I have no idea where we are going to live yet, but I do know that a fireplace is a must. No fireplace, no sale!

One house I was stalking had a gorgeous Art Deco marble mantelpiece and I’ve now decided I must have that. Whether the house we find already has an amazing marble mantel or if I have to create one, it’s going to happen. MY MIND IS MADE UP. I’m leaning towards an art deco linear design, but open to the Victorian or a modern design too.

So, get ready for some major eye candy and 10 swoonworthy marble mantels.

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via
a-marble-mantel-2via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via 

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

10 Swoonworthy Marble Mantels

via

A prefabbed marble surround can set you back at least $5600. I’m not sure what our future house holds, but whether I have to make it, hunt for it, buy new or get lucky and the house has one…I’m going to make sure we have this marble moment in the new digs!  I am really feeling the black marble too. It all depends on the interior though.

So, that is where my mind has wondered!  It’s summer and warm and my head is in the clouds thinking about fireplaces! Go figure!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday! It took me all of yesterday to reset, catch up on emails, and get my house back in order. I’m sure we were all in the same boat there…

 

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: Obsession du Jour | The Marble Mantelpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment