Friday, July 8, 2016

10 Favorite Shops for Home Decor | Affordable Price Points

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all had an amazing week! I’m playing work catch up today…shame on me!  Yesterday, I ended up taking a long lunch with a new biz friend and I can’t wait to share what we are cooking up! I’ll share soon, promise! It’s Friday, did I say it’s FRIDAY…so, here’s another Where to Shop post. This week, I’m featuring my 10 Favorite Shops for Home Decor at more affordable price points.

10 Afforable Decor & Furniture Stores via Bliss at Home

 

Today’s topic: Where to shop for more affordable home decor and why…

Last week, we focused on shopping for those high-end, special pieces. I am such a fan of all the shops I shared last week and you can see that post HERE.

Now that we’ve had our splurge, here’s where we can save a bit.

Today, we are switching gears to focus on some more budget-friendly options. We all have different budgets when it comes to furnishing our homes, and sometimes designer or bespoke brands are just out of our reach.

The shops I’m sharing today, are a good fit if you are looking for good quality with some custom options. You can still customize a lot of the furniture with fabric choices and the home decor is still nice enough that you won’t regret your purchase. These shops are more mass market and attainable, but they are not short on style or detail. They also have sales quite often, so there is a good opportunity to get a deal on something you love. I’ve purchased from all of these at one time or another for our home or for others.

Speaking of sales…NOW is the time to buy if you are in the market for home decor or furniture. The month of July is huge for savings in home stores. All the stores are marking down their stock to get ready for the fall collections. You can save up to 70% right now, so if you’ve been waiting to shop for your home get on that!

These are pretty much household names and you may know a lot of them already. A lot of these brands have evolved and changed it up over the years. Most started as catalog brands and now with our online world they’ve grown to be popular go-to’s and most have brick and mortar stores.

Here are my 10 shops for decor and furniture that won’t break the bank (in no particular order)…

ONE | BALLARD DESIGNS

www.ballarddesigns.com

This is such a good resource. They offer some staple pieces that I go back to again and again. They also have a great fabric selection for upholstery. I used them for our kitchen banquette and they offer Sunbrella fabrics for outdoor and utility pieces. Our banquette was one of the smartest buys for our kitchen makeover. The price point is more than fair and the fabric is so easy to wipe clean. Everyone that comes over thinks it is a custom designed piece, which is quite a compliment to their quality!

TWO | Z GALLERIE

www.zgallerie.com

They’ve been so on point with their decor. They are a bit more glam in their home decor approach, (which, hello, we love), and the furniture has some nice tailoring for the price point. I’ve used them a lot for decor accessories. I am actually considering a sofa purchase for an upcoming client project and have heard good things. I know if you love this blog, you will love this shop!

THREE | WAYFAIR

www.wayfair.com

This megasite offers a WHOLE LOT. Everything for your home at all different price points. They offer higher end to discount pieces. Their site is very searchable which helps narrow down things when you are on the hunt for something specific.

FOUR | JOSS & MAIN

www.jossandmain.com

This site has the same curated sale shop format as One Kings Lane. Its parent company is Wayfair so it falls in line with the same kind of decor and furnishing options. It’s a flash sale site, so the prices are pretty competitive and things usually don’t last long.

FIVE | FRONTGATE

www.frontgate.com

If you have a designer eye, this site might be a good place for you to hunt. They’ve partnered with designer brands like Scalamandre on exclusive offerings. They have quality furniture pieces and feature a diverse selection of styles. I also love their holiday and seasonal offerings. They are a favorite for patio pieces and I’m excited to see what the fall offerings will be for home. I am hearing some good buzz about the furniture collections.

SIX | ANTHROPOLOGIE

www.anthropologie.com

Who doesn’t love spending some time browsing an Anthropologie?! I’ve always loved getting candles, books, and housewares from them. They have some beautiful furniture and lighting now that impresses that I want to see in person.

SEVEN | WEST ELM

www.westelm.com

I’ve been pleased lately with their furniture options, especially their coffee and accent tables. I also really love their tabletop shop. Some really cute kitchenwares. Popular items sell fast I’ve noticed but they do tend to restock if something is a hot seller.

EIGHT | CRATE & BARREL

www.crateandbarrel.com

I think ‘ease and comfort’ when I think of C&B. Tonal and earthy furniture and a good place to buy if you don’t want the designer price tag. You still have options for upholstery and they have always offered really great service. My kids actually like going to their stores with us, which is so cute.

NINE | WORLD MARKET

www.worldmarket.com

They have a global inspired approach to home with bargain pricing. If your budget is tighter this a good place to look. I’ve been happy with the rugs and kitchenwares I’ve purchased from this shop. I have not bought furniture here except for my desk, but they have some budget-friendly pieces that might fit the bill if your wallet is a little on the lighter side.

TEN | POTTERY BARN

www.potterybarn.com

Everyone knows PB, but here’s why I like them. Towels and linens and monogramming…the prices are so good! If my monogram lady is swamped, this is a good alternative that is very cost-effective. I also enjoy seeing their new furniture and decor collections each season. I know people who have been pleased with their furniture purchases from this store. I haven’t purchased furniture from them for my own home, but have used them for linens and accessories and smaller decor pieces. My husband loves this store, so if we have a den or family room to furnish soon, I have a feeling he will want to shop here.

♦  ♦  ♦

Those are my 10 for affordable decor and furniture. You’ll find pieces that will mix nicely with your splurge purchases. These shops are also doing a good job looking to vintage inspiration, so your hunted finds can play nicely with their offerings. It’s all about the mix, right?

Next Friday, our focus will be where to shop for vintage finds online

Who needs a vacation?

I am in the middle of finishing up our family summer vacation planning. We’ve been in limbo with this impending move and we decided to not have it hamper having a summer vacation trip. Just trusting the big guy with all the details and timing on all these future changes.

Also, working right now is laughable at this point. Everyone I need to talk to is vacationing or vacationing soon. Everyone is on summer time, so I am taking that as my cue to take a little time myself. Once late August and September hit, I know I’ll be swamped again, so I am enjoying this little break.

Have you been to Door County? We have a couple of times in the fall, but never with our kids. It’s pretty much the New England of the Midwest and I’m excited to experience it in the summer months. Think beaches, and fish boils, and classic ice cream shops.  I’ll be taking lots of pictures and exploring, so I’ll have some good tips for you when I get back.

If you have been, I’d love for you to share your favorite activities, restaurants, and hot spots. I am putting together my itinerary now!

Giveaway time!

I’ll be back Monday with a giveaway for you lovely readers! Could you use a little summer bedding refresh? I’ve got you covered! See you soon!

Have a lovely weekend!!

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: 10 Favorite Shops for Home Decor | Affordable Price Points

No comments:

Post a Comment