Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The End of the Bedding Struggle

Navy & black bedroom // brittanyMakes

I’ve always been very indecisive about our bedding. Should I go neutral? Or maybe a bold pattern? All white? Switch things up seasonally? How many throw pillows is really needed, because honestly we only use the pillows we sleep on and my husband doesn’t exactly help in keeping our bed made, so the throw pillows just end up on the floor. All the anxiety around keeping a presentable bed has left me sorta brain dead.. that is, until recently. Maybe it took the 12 different bedding combos over the last few years to finally land on something I love. Whatever it is, I think I am finally very content with our bedding situation.

Navy & black bedroom // brittanyMakes

It all started with these striped sheets (which are percale, by the way, kind of a stiff material but keep our warm bodies very cool at night and we love them!) and the striped blanket (all links at the bottom of this post). I bought both on a casual trip to Target – my husband loves it when I come home with more than just toothpaste #opposite Then, as I was starting to get anxious over the throw pillow situation, I realized all our bed really needed was a pair of perfect striped pillows. I like that the small stripes of the sheets act as the small pattern, while the larger stripes in the throw pillows act as the bolder pattern, but still keeping the whole situation calm and stress free.

Navy & black bedroom // brittanyMakes

Right after I bought the blanket and sheets, Emily released this exceptional video on how to style the perfect bed.   It’s a great video, and totally taught me how to tuck things in haha.

Emily’s use of the navy blue shams sold me, and I went on the hunt for a pair and of course, found some at Target (link at the bottom of this post). The color scheme of her styled bed and mine are basically the same – black, white, and blue – but the individual pieces are all different. I’ve had our black bed for a couple years now (which I’m still on the fence over) but otherwise, I’m pretty satisfied about this whole setup.  Here’s a ‘get-the-look’ for ya!

Calm Californian black & navy bedroom // brittanyMakes

striped sheets // navy linen shams (check in-store, I’ve seen them!)// white flannel duvet // perfect stripe pillows // white mudcloth lumbar pillow (more coming soon!) // striped over-sized blanket // table lamp // bedside tables (no longer available, similar here and here) // mirror // bed from Home Decorators (discontinued, similar here) // lucky brass elephant

XO, Britt


Article Source: The End of the Bedding Struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment