Thursday, June 2, 2016

Over the Weekend

Vintage Summer Camp Themed Party // brittanyMakes

We’ve been spending the last couple weeks prepping for Zano’s 2nd birthday party. His birthday falls over Memorial Day weekend, which is great! Perfect for bbq’s and family gatherings. We enjoy hosting and putting our backyard to good use, but don’t do it nearly as much as we should. Those bocce balls aren’t going to throw themselves! Zano’s birthday makes for a great excuse to have our giant family over for the afternoon.

simple #2 birthday smash cake

No birthday party is complete without a theme, I searched trusty Amazon for some party ideas and when I stumbled on this VW Bus play tent I knew a vintage summer camp theme was the way to go. Amidst all the planning and entertaining, I did not take any photos for the blog, doh! Can someone tell me how I can get a photographer attached to my hip? That must be the best kept secret with all those fashion bloggers. My husband refuses haha, no wonder I’m never in any photos. Anyway, I’ll post more about the theme later with more sources, because that’s the fun part 🙂

hot wheels matching cars

My husband and I aren’t the type of gift givers that go hog wild. We might do one big thing, a trip or vacation, but all of Zano’s gifts from us were PJ’s and summer clothes. We’re going to Disneyland later this summer and getting Zano a big kid bed, which we kind of dubbed as his birthday gifts.  My brother, on the other hand, bought Zano a Hot Wheels car that matches mommy’s car. My god it’s adorable! Who knew this would be one of the cutest things ever? Too bad Zano drives like a drunk person lol, still working on how to use the steering wheel.  My other brother gave Zano a Hot Wheels Lightening McQueen car. Between his uncles and our extended family, this kid has it made.

The best present of the day was for everyone who attended! We sang happy birthday to Zano, then took the cake away immediately and gave him his first present to open – a “big brother” shirt and an ultrasound photo! (Then we gave him his cake back, which he dove in face first) Zano is going to be a big brother! Everyone was so surprised! (PS don’t ask what my husband is wearing or why his face is shaved like that, he was dressed for the party theme hahaha).

Zano turns two

Zano turns two

Big Brother Shirt

Pretty exciting news! Zano doesn’t quite get it yet that he’s going to be a big brother. Any tips on prepping the first kiddo for the arrival of a second? I’ll definitely be obsessing over this for the next few months…

XO, Britt


Article Source: Over the Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment