Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom Reveal

Hello, friends! Today, I’m sharing our Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom Reveal.

I partnered up with Mintwood Home on this makeover. It’s one of my favorite online shops for designer furniture, decor, and gifts.  They also offer custom pillows in designer fabrics, so it really was a no-brainer to collaborate with them on this design. One stop shopping, you got to love that!

I’ve always loved a good old chinoiserie room layered in opulent color, De Gournay paper, blue and white ginger jars, and expensive trimmings. It’s very traditional and a classic design that has stood the test of time. They are so refined and possess such feminine beauty. You can’t flip through a House Beautiful or Elle Decor magazine without seeing one in a stately home. I love the current takes on this classic look too. A more modern approach with bolder geometric patterns mixed in.

THE MODERN CHINOISERIE CHIC ROOM

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home : desk as nightstand

Modern Chinoserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Bedroom via Bliss at Home : Wallpapered closet doors so chic

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home : Lucite and brass closet hardware with black tassel on wallpapered door.

modern chinoiserie chic bedroom via bliss at home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home : Ginger Jar Art from Mintwood Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom via Bliss at Home

SHOP THIS POST

Sign up to get on the Mintwood Home list and save 10% off your purchase

SIGN UP HERE

I feel like my love of neutral interiors and bold interiors is in constant battle. I love the color story our home tells with the black, white, and gray foundations and pops of gold and blush. Something in me always wants to experiment with bold color in the summer. Who knows what I’ll end up doing in the next house!

This project was born out of our unique time situation we have going on here. We don’t have an exact move date yet because we still need to find a house, but we know we will have to be moved this August, so it changed a lot of plans and projects around here.  The heat is on to find schools, a new home, what town we want to be in. Lots of things to settle.

So, I guess I am someone who always needs a project! I decided to work on this room again because I figure whatever I change can be used in the new house and we are most likely moving into a much bigger house with more rooms to furnish. Maybe a guest room for family and friends? Or a den with blue lacquered built-ins? That Schumacher Nanjing custom pillow from Mintwood Home would look pretty sweet on a sofa in there!

I’ll be sharing more details about our closet doors and how I wallpapered them Friday with that beautiful Walls Republic Almond Blossoms Paper. Next week, we’ll open those doors up and you can see how we upgraded our storage needs in our closet.

This post is in collaboration with Mintwood Home, an online shop that I adore! All opinions and photography are mine.

__________________________________________________________

SIDE NOTE:  Tuesday afternoon my phone started going off like crazy and when I looked it was a good surprise! Domino.com listed me as one of their

Top 10 Up & Coming Designers to Watch!!

I spied a couple of friends on that list too 😉

You can see the Domino article HERE.

Follow

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST

Visit Kristin Cadwallader | B @ H’s profile on Pinterest.


Article Source: Modern Chinoiserie Chic Bedroom Reveal

No comments:

Post a Comment