Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Laundry Room Makeover Ideas

Mid week greetings! I’ve been away from the blog for a few days working on a few things behind the scenes. Just this morning I had a meeting with my contact from the Committee on the Shelterless (COTS), a local non-profit I work with each year (see all previous space transformations for COTS here).

I learned there are two more homes they use for transitional housing that are in need of remodeling, and I’ll be working on them this fall. I’m very excited about these homes, they include two more kitchen remodels and at least two more bathrooms to renovate. I’ll be sure to document the space transformations here on the blog as I always do!

The Las Vegas flip house is under way, the popcorn ceilings are gone, the walls are retextured. You know how I feel about smooth texture it makes the home look and feel brand new and is a great selling point for a home. The walls will soon be painted, then the new flooring goes in. We will be adding a luxury vinyl plank floor throughout the single story home, I’ll be sharing that as it happens.

My first space remodel in the Las Vegas house that I’ll tackle will be the laundry room, it was framed in as part of the garage and it’s not looking good in its current state but I’m going to make it shine, here’s a look at it now, very basic and blah.

laundry room before

The first thing to do is cover the cement floor. I’ll choose tile or waterproof vinyl plank which seem the most practical. Also the old washer and dryer should be replaced by front loaders to modernize the space and also to make room for a folding counter.

I love the use of colorful painted cabinetry in a laundry room. Let’s face it, it’s a space dedicated to a chore, the pretty hue on the cabinets in this laundry room by Ashley Winn Design make this space more cheerful. Also hello beautiful cement tile floor!

 tile floors mint cabinets in laundry room

This is a wonderful laundry room makeover from Chris Loves Julia, it includes a wood folding countertop and upper cabinetry for storage of laundry related products. I’m inspired by the idea of adding a small sink too.

 laundry room chris loves julia

Keeping with the idea of colorful cabinetry, the soothing green cabinets in this laundry room are a lovely color, the larger sink splits up the folding counter which is pretty but I’d prefer a smaller sink off to the side.

 green laundry room cabinets

This blue and white laundry room has always been a favorite space, I love the use of a simple striped fabric to hide the storage below and the stainless steel countertop.

 blue and white laundry room hgtv

The warm grey cabinets in this laundry space are so sophisticated, the beadboard wainscot makes the space feel timeless and elegant.

 gray cabinets laundry room

I’m excited to share the transformation of this laundry room space and the additional COTS spaces with you this year! Tell me your favorite things about your laundry room, and do you have any suggestions for my laundry room remodel? I’d love to read them!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment