Monday, February 29, 2016

Design Crush: Black Windows & Glass Doors

Last year I painted my French doors, again. I chose black and I’ve loved the look ever since. Lately I’ve been adding even more black to my home, most recently some planters in the rear yard, I’ll share those later this week.

Black windows and glass doors look especially modern with no window treatments, although I do love the simple sheers used in the bathroom image below. Black windows or doors add sophistication to a space and dramatic contrast against white walls and trim.

So often in remodeling we opt for white windows, doors, and cabinetry; since black cabinets and appliances are on the rise in kitchen renovation, these images tempt one to choose black for windows and doors too.

black iron doors

atlanta homes mag

 black windows with view

luxe

 black windows in bathroom

the design co.

 black divided light bathroom window

atlanta homes mag

painted windowsill

 black windows and fan

wb builders

black windows and shiplap

new york times

 black window frames

residence magazine

 black kitchen windows

emerick architects

 black windows conservatory

wallpaper

 black windows french door laundry room

style at home

 black window with awning

cuppett architects

Lovely aren’t they? You can paint your existing windows or doors black, the important thing is to make sure you use the right paint for your interior or exterior windows and doors, there are many tutorials online.

On a separate note, I didn’t watch the Academy Awards last night, but I did follow Twitter for the red carpet fashion and winners. My favorite gowns were Julianne Moore’s beaded black Chanel, Charlize’s plunging red Dior, and Lady Gaga’s structured Maxwell pantsuit, I also loved the floral detail on Cate Blanchett’s seafoam Armani Prive. I have seen only a handful of the movies nominated, but was glad to hear Leo finally got his Oscar. What was your favorite gown from the night or film that was nominated?

No comments:

Post a Comment