Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Liked & Linked

snow day tent

winter light

After a slow start and unseasonably mild weather, winter hit hard and fast last week. It’s too cold to do much of anything outside besides retrieve the mail and take out the trash. Even those tasks are done with a sense of urgency to avoid being chilled to the core. I’ve lived in the midwest my entire life and I feel like I’ve seen enough snow to last a lifetime, but there are some aspects of winter I do enjoy: cozying up with a book, cleaning out closets, tackling little projects, planning a summer vacation, cuddling with my littles (human & furry), watching the kids collaborate out of boredom to build blanket forts and play games. Oh, and the light! Our usually dark bedroom gets the best light in the winter when the sun is low and its rays are bouncing off the snow.

A few things helping to ward off cabin fever…

*A cute cardigan.

*Creamy, non-drying lipstick. My winter favorite!

*15 things to do for yourself this year.

*A braided bob tempting me to go shorter.

just the basics entry

just the basics kitchen

*A new (to me) source of interior eye candy. And, as a result, a new shelter book on my wish list.

*A cozy TV nook.

*What it’s really like to live on the road as a family.

*I finally created a landing page for all of the IKEA kitchens I’ve featured over the years. You can access it by clicking the ‘See Real IKEA Kitchens’ icon in the side bar. More to come!

*How many days from the past month do you remember? (I love this mindset.)

Stay warm, friends!

images: 1 & 2) Dana Miller for House*Tweaking 3) Jonas Berg 4) Anders Bergstedt


Article Source: Liked & Linked

No comments:

Post a Comment