Monday, January 11, 2016

Liked & Linked

Last week was everyone’s first week back to school and work after the winter break. I think we were all ready to get back to a routine. Truthfully, the break wasn’t much of a break for us. We spent too much time in the car and not enough time at home together. We’re vowing to make things happen differently next time around. I’m just grateful everyone was healthy and we were able to keep Cheetah mostly out of the tree.

There are two moments I will remember forever. One morning I woke up to an eerily quiet house only to find the kids outside jumping on their new trampoline (a gift from grandparents). It was 7:30 a.m. and very mild for winter in Ohio. Layne had helped Mabrey get dressed. I woke Steve so he could look outside. His groggy but insightful reaction?…

“Have you ever hopped out of bed and had the urge to jump on a trampoline?”

Nope. Never. Kids are so funny. The never-ending supply of energy!

My other favorite moment was when Mabrey wriggled into Steve’s arms on the sofa during some rare downtime and they dozed off together. It was ridiculously cute and I couldn’t stop watching them.

A few other noteworthy things…

*My kids are covered in these.

*What I wouldn’t give for a mini sauna in my bathroom right about now.

*A tiny house lives big with a full kitchen, a washer/dryer combo and double sinks in the bathroom. (!)

*An inspirational woman and her family build a tiny house for her 40th birthday. But it’s not what you think.

brownstone reno 1

brownstone reno 2

*A renovated brownstone with a lived-in vibe. “It’s not like you build it and just move in and everything comes right together. It’s a process and it’s a work in progress, which I love.” Such a profound sentiment from the homeowner on what renovating a house is really like.

*An $11 mantel. (See the before here.)

*This book has completely changed the way I think about running. (So much so that I ran my second 5K on New Year’s Day.)

*This book was a quick and quirky read. I couldn’t put it down!

I hope 2016 is treating you well so far!

images: 1-4) Dana Miller for House*Tweaking 5,6) Pia Ulin


Article Source: Liked & Linked

No comments:

Post a Comment