Thursday, January 7, 2016

Baby Girl Nursery – The Before

When I was pregnant with Zano, I remember the early days, not knowing if I was having a girl or a boy. I spent half the time fantasizing over having a girl – who she would look like, and of course how I would decorate her nursery. I contemplated a peachy, vintage inspired nursery sprinkled with adorable clothes and cute little girly toys, vintage books and paint by number art on the walls. Totally cute. I was sorta stumped on the boy nursery thing, good thing it’s come a long way since my original plans. Anyway, we had a little meatball (a son) and my dreams of a girly nursery have since been put back on the shelf. That is, until I was asked to help design a girl nursery for a much deserving OBGYN doctor!

The tricky thing designing for others is figuring out the best way to marry design styles. You’re hired to apply your expertise, and hope it doesn’t turn out to be a total hodge podge. Luckily, the Doctor and I are of similar design mind! I’m excited to show you the reveal, yet, in perfect blogger fashion I must post about the before and all the thought that we put into Doc’s baby girl nursery.

When you walk into the room, this is your view. The layout of the room is really simple, not much choice for where to place the crib.

Nursery-before-1

We agreed crib will go against the large blank wall, with the dresser/changing table on the wall to the right of the entry door.

Nursery-before-2

We will also put the closet doors back on the closet.

Nursery-before-5

There are a few elements that had to stay, like the carpet and the wall color. As much as I hold my on preferences on things, I’m never apposed to a clean, blank slate.

The Doc and I created a shared (and secret) Pinterest board, and started sharing rooms that we thought captured the joy, color scheme, decor, and overall feel we wanted to create in the nursery. Below are our 9 favorite inspiring spaces:

Peachy Nursery Inspiration

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

“Peachy” is our theme, basically all shades of peach, copper & pink are welcome. This is the design board we put together. The rug, a popular choice for a girls nursery, was a must have, and everything else was chosen around it.

Peachy Nursery Mood Board // brittanyMakes

beaded chandy | bunny | pram | antlers | ribbon print | crib bedding | copper lamp | himmeli decor | mirror | swan blanket | rug | abstract print | unicorn teether | side table | rocker | bookends | copper pouf | basket | dresser | wire basket

I like the idea of dubbing a client project with a silly hashtag. Hashtags on social media make it easy to follow a subthread on your own account, especially in Instagram, and works best if you’re posting about a specific project for folks to follow along. It makes sense to choose something unique! In this case, I’ll be hash tagging #babydocspeachynursery (I’m @brittanymakes). I’ll be posting snippets of the room this weekend, and the reveal on Monday. See you then!

LoveB

 

Share


Article Source: Baby Girl Nursery – The Before

No comments:

Post a Comment